bts 2! :D

BtS 2! :D

There was once a young, lonely girl who wanted friends.

She longed to know the true meaning of friendship but did not know how to go about it.

Her mother had simply replied her question with a wink, and tol her it was up to she herself to find the truth.

Determined, to at least try, she chose a beautiful sun morning to being her adventure into the unknown.

Bright and early, she packed a nice lunch and out she went, into the fields. And so in the morning she went, eager to find find the answer.

In an hour, she attempted to ask passing strangers, but all effort was for naught.

Each of them passed by without a single hello or goodbye. The girl had begun to lose hope.

Hiding in a grove of flowers, she cry... Only to feel a tap on her shoulder. It was was a boy of around her age. Perhaps now someone could give her the answer.

So she told the boy all that had happened and asked the question, "What is friendship?" The boy shook his head and sighed.

"Alas, I know not the answer, for I am still young. I do however know that nature is the best teacher, so let's ask the greatest of the trees and animals! For I have seen them before and they have gladly answered all my questions."

And so this journey begins.

~

So across the plains and fields they went, in search of the first of the animals and plants to ask.

"I know a great, old oak nearby which has lived till a ripe old age," he said. "Perhaps with all its years of understanding, it may know the answer."

And so towards the grand oak they went.

It was truly a magnificent sight,
towering above the rest of the animals that inhabited its boughs.

As soon as they reached, the girl asked the question.

"I do not know for sure," said the old tree.
"For it is something difficult to explain.

"You see that rock by my side? All the animals living on me have gone through cycles of life and death, not one of them has a life span long enough to be a companion.

"But this rock has been here since I was a young sapling. It is my friend, and has never left me since."

Puzzled by the weird answer, the girl thought hard.
but came to no conclusion.

"I don't know about this ..." the boy said. "Why don't we find someone else?"

And so they left the clearing.

And across a river and stream they went
into the nearby town.

"There is a tabby cat I know," the boy said. "One that has roamed the vast lands, and has met many people. It must know the answer, for it has experienced much."

And so into the crowded streets they roamed, finding the cat in front of a ..

MANSION.

and so the girl told the cat her problem.

The cat let out a yawn as it stretched its back and answered,

"I couldn't care less what friendship is, and neither have I given a thought about it," it said, "but you see the mansion in front of us?

"The Owners of this mansion are my friends, for this is the place where I am fed the most, and treated with much respect."

Somehow, this did not sit right with the girl.

But in this world, this may be true for certain people.

The boy, seeing her discomfort, led her away.

"Perhaps the answers lie elsewhere," he said.

So leaving the city, they went back into the lush greenery,
across the forests and toward the sea.

"I know of some creatures that are always seen in group," the boy said. "Perhaps they may know the best about friendship."

And so towards the lagoon they went to see the dolphins, splashing about and frolicking in the water.

They approached the nearest one and asked the important question.

"Friendship?" It asked. "You have come to the right place!" It exclaimed. "With my friends, I'm never bored. I get to play all day long and swim in circles. It's so fun everyday!"

The girl laughed. Perhaps the dolphin was right, she thought. But the boy took her aside. "Doesn't sound like this is all there is to it ..." he frowned. "Maybe we should make one last stop?"

By this time, the moon had risen in the night sky.

and it was dark.

Along the moonlit shore they walked. Then towards the village, along the river's trail.

"We shall ask one last animal," the boy suggested. "And perhaps with all you've heard today, you can decided what you think is true friendship."

and so off the courase of the river they went, towards the forest. Stooped on the a tree was the wisest of birds.

the owl.

"Surely this answer will settle everything," the boy said confidently, with a smile (:

And so the girl asked one last time.


"Alas, I do not know the answer," the owl screeched.
"For many people have many answers.
But one thing I do know," it said as it blinked.

"Is that you have already found a friend yourself."

"Perhaps the answer you've been looking for
has been by your side the whole time."


"So what is friendship?" he asked.
Thinking hard, she replied,

"I don't think I'll need to know after all," she laughed.

and so indeed in the days that followed,

it was a friendship that lasted.

and so to all of you out there, asking the very same question,
sometimes the answers are never needed,

are they?

Comments