What's coffee without milk?

Bitterness.

The taste ever so divine
Such craving never crossed my mind
ever
Before.

I won't say I'm losing it
'Cos I'd be lowering my self-esteem
I won't say I'm getting it either
I'd be lying to myself as it would seem

Here lying across the floor
The sky'd turn dark and cry out, downpour!
Ever so dull when'er I get home
I'd then sing mellifluously, Shalom ..

No other that I find comfort in
Truly when they say they're friends for life
But seriously, where have they been?
They don't know the miserable effect

No, she's not gone - yet
I know some day she will
Just like the others that had already left
All orbits me, but I stand still

I do admit, I am slow
I don't like to rush
I've had enough of this big blow
I'm gonna forget it & brush
it away.

What's coffee without milk?
What's a sweet without its proper taste?
What's ice-cream without the cream?
What's anpan* without its paste?

Then again, what's a best friend without a friend?

*Anpan is sweet red bean bread.

Comments