Poem

Daddy's girl

Looking at the past
I remembered how you smiled at me
Every little step I took
An encouragement from you,
Clapping your hands,
All the kiddy talk
Help me through.

Then you'd buy me
A lollipop
You'd clap your hands again
Seeing how much pain
I've been going through
Every bit of it,
I thought,
was worth it.

Every night you'd tuck me in bed
& kiss me on my forehead
"Goodnight, dear,"
was what you always said.

It's so quick
All like a shooting star
I thought I'd freak
out
But I never expected
it to turn out
this way.

Dear Daddy,
where
are
you?


I've been searching but can't find
Through this crowd
Blinded by everyone
You're nowhere to be seen

Dear Daddy,
Are you alright?
Are you in trouble?
Did you get into a fight?

I worry
for you
But you don't see it

Dear Daddy,
I want you to see
I want you to feel
That I'm there.

What happened to the
big & round,
multi-coloured
lollipops you used to buy for me?
Where's the daddy I used to know
The Daddy whom loves me
much laughter and funny
himself?

It's suddenly so quiet
A miscommunication of some sort
I still remember the anklet
You gave me
before you disappeared.

Dear Daddy, where have you gone?
All I see are your back views
Has something gone wrong?

I'm a big girl now
I can take care of myself a little more
But I still need you right here, right now
I'll find you, somehow.

Comments