I would

But should I ..?

I would pick a hat from a nearby store
Then put it on and say that it's nice
But what if one day it tore,
Should I buy it? Think twice.

I would pick a cat from the street
Feed it, take care of it, shower it with love
But what if it leaves and the next day, again I find it dead on the street?
Should I pick it up or just walk off?

I would not do my homework
Just probably because I'm too busy
But what if I get scolded the next day
Should I do it or let it be?

I would make a decision of my own
when I say that I'm ready
But what if some day my cover gets blown
With no shield left, should I have the right say I'm truly ready?

I would say I'm really happy
Jumping around, hyped up everyday
But what if one day you see me crying in the midday?
Should I even pretend I'm fine, I'm okay?

I would say I can do this on my own
Seeing me managing these things really well
But what if one day you realised, my pride, away, I've thrown
Should I just keep quiet & say nothing about it? Even I wouldn't be able to tell.

I would say this is the real me
You hear the tone in my voice
Can you really tell just by looking at me
Wouldn't you consider that I don't have a choice?

I would say live is full of choices
Even this option has two or a few openings
But what if I tell you I have to do it for someone
Should I presume your answer would remain the same?

Life is unpredictable
yet it is, sometimes
It's a never ending battle
Against this persistent devil.

Comments