bit by bit

うん! (:

I've had a really really great day today! :D despite the disappointing results (class tests), I managed to enjoy chapel. hehe :D

Well, today Ms yuan (teach in charge of Christian Fellowship) was telling us about REST. ah, sounds familiar? hehe. Yepp! Talked about Sabbath and all that. halfway I nearly dozed off, but my mind was conscious, so I got the gist of that part .. heh heh. Some parts of what she said was exactly what .. (oops, I forgot that pastor's name) that pastor preached the other day - I think two weeks ago ..? About God resting on the seventh day, an example to show us that we need to rest and all that.

After chapel, Mr Glenn (I forgot how to spell), gave us a last 15 minutes of wrapping up of what we learnt through the breakthru camp. I thought what he said was true; about the change. We don't experience it through the camp, we experience that real breakthru after the camp. No wonder, I felt almost nothing when he gave us the talks. I didn't feel motivated at all. But when I started using his advice, with the support I get from my friends, and when we really face this first obstacle - first common test, I begin to feel this mini breakthroughs. They're not a big BAM, just little ones. And with each, much sense of satisfactory.

Here's a verse i remembered him mentioning:

Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself to have attained this. Instead, I am single-minded: Forgetting the things that are behind and reaching out for the things that are ahead, with this goal in mind, I strive toward the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.
- Phil 3:13-14.


He showed us a 3-min video clip of Derek Redman (Forgot how to spell, again. =.=). It was about his perseverance when he ran his last race before he had to retire at the age of 30. (youth olympics, if im not wrong). While sprinting, he tore a muscle ligament and he knelt down on the racetrack while the others ran ahead of him. The race ended, but the video was not over, the show was not over. The camera was facing Derek, as he slowly stood up and continued on with the race. It looked funny, people - that were watching ah - laughed. yah, he did look awkward. But when I thought about the pain that he was dealing with, I was suddenly so tense. His father came running down the stairs, 2 security guards actually apprehended him, but he shouted, "That's my son!" And he ran pass them and came to support his son. This was not showed in that short 3-min video clip. Mr Glenn was explaining it to us. I was imagining it, and couldn't help but tear. "Derek didn't know it was his father until he turned to face him," Mr Glenn said, "That's why you saw that he cried after realising it was his father." I gulped, I felt tears suddenly forcefully, wanting to come out. Derek finished the race with the audience clapping ever so loudly, supporting and congratulating him.

Hmmm .. shall go find it. Anyways, before this breakthru thingy, esthers had to gather to meet up with Ms Ho for a meeting. It was regarding mass prayer call every wednesday, 1.30pm-2.15pm. I really do home I can encourage my class peeps to go!! :\ Hmm .. went back to class right after the breakthru thingy and when I heard I was gonna take the same bus as zoey (I was sitting beside her for chapel) and I asked if she was eating lunch cos she has piano at 2.30pm.. Then she said she wasn't. And I remembered I bought choc. waffle during recess. I wanted to eat it for lunch, but the moment she said she wasn't eating lunch, I gave her the waffle. hehe, I felt so great doing that :D

Back home now. will be studying pretty soon. will be watching one ep of the 3 animes before I start xD haha, k that's all.

~

alright! i found it. the first video has more explanation though.



this video is similar to the one I watched, don't think the music is the same though. it shows most of it. at least out of the three videos.



this is the christian version :P

Comments