Pulling through .

Give a big sigh
Lifting my hands up high
Then shoulders drooping over
sometimes I wonder
Will I ever get there?

I finally realise why it's so difficult to pass during streaming year .
When Mrs Teo said that it's streaming, she said the papers would be
a KILLER . Like, madness . Well, duh.. It's streaming year .
What should I expect??

Today had math test and I'm like .. wth .. I have full confidence that
I'll get full marks for my graph > 14marks .
But I don't have full confidence that I'll get method marks for the
ones I REALLREALLYREALLY don't know how to do .. Sigh ..
Gosh .. I need a 34 to get A2 or A1 .. can't remember, I think it's A2 ..
Out of 45!! Like, wth .. I'm freakin' out luh -.-

MS GAN STILL SAID IT WAS GONNA BE REALLLLL EASY .

YEAH, RIGHT .

I'm gonna score for chemistry . I don't care, I'm aiming for 90!!!
The test that Mrs Teo gave us today, was easy (as she said so) .
But I only got 80% . 40/50 . It sucks . I could've gotten higher if
my EFFERVESCENCE didn't miss out the C!! Othwerwise,
I could've gotten 41/50 = 82% . But anyways, it's not even NEAR
90% . So I'm aiming for it . I know the paper this monday's gonna be
a KILLER .

But I know I can do it . I just know it . I know my facts and everything .
I just need to say it again and again .. Then I'll rememeber .. I guess ..
Like I've remembered the valency table .. So it's kinda stuck inside,
no matter how hard I try to forget, it'll still be inside . OK . drilled in .
Now, I need to remember the 4 type of reactions . And the 4 types of
general equations .

Er... don't mind.. let me revise here =.="

Acids:
Hydrochloric acid = HCL = to remove rust
Sulfuric acid = H2SO4 = used in car batteries
Nitric acid = HNO3 = manufacture fertilisers
Ethanoic acid = CH3OOH = to make vinegar

Properties of acid:
1) sour taste
2) good conductor of electricity
3) corrosive
4) acids turn moist blue litmus paper red

Reaction of acid and metal:

How to test for it: Pour (if specified) acid into test tube, then put in
the metal . Cover with thumb immediately after putting metal in the
test tube . Place a lighted splint at the mouth of the test tube.
The lighted splint will then be extinguished with a 'pop' sound.

Gas produced (if got 'pop' sound) = Hydrogen gas

General equation:
Acid + Metal -> Salt + Hydrogen

Hydrochloric acid, sulfuric acid or nitric acid

WITH

Magnesium, Calcium or zinc .

** COPPER WILL HAVE NO REACTION WITH THE ACIDS .

Reaction: acid + carbonate .
General equation: Acid + Carbonate -> Salt + Carbon dioxide + Water

Hydrochloric acid, sulfuric acid or nitric acid

WITH

Calcium carbonate, Sodium carbonate or Copper (II) carbonate

** COPPER AND COPPER(II) CARBONATE IS NOT THE SAME!!

Alkalis:

Sodium hydroxide = NaOH = to make soap and detergent
Potassium hydroxide = KOH
Calcium hydroxide = Ca(OH)2 = to reduce acidity of soil in agriculture
Aqueous Ammonia = NH3(aq) = to make fertilisers

Properties of Alkalis:

1) bitter taste and soapy feeling
2) bad conductors of electricity
3) corrosive
4) Alkalis turn moist red litmus paper blue

Neutralisation reaction:
General equationS:
Acid + Oxide -> Salt + Water (pH7)
Acid + Hydroxide -> Salt + Water
~~~~~(Alkali)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hydrochloric acid, Sulfuric acid or Nitric acid

WITH

Sodium hydroxide, Potassium hydroxide or Zinc oxide

(From here onwards) This is refered most to notes T.T

Reaction of Alkalis with Ammonium salts:
Place a moist red litmus paper near the mouth of a test tube of
ammonia gas. Pungent ammonia gas turns moist red litmus paper
blue.

General equation(I tried to NOT look at the notes):
Alkalis + Ammonium salt -> Salt + Ammonia gas + Water

(The one is bold is the one changed after referring to notes)

(I also TRIED NOT TO LOOK AT NOTES HERE ..)
Sodium hydroxide or Potassium Calcium hydroxide

WITH

Ammonium chloride or Ammonium sulfate

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

End of it .

Sighs . This is like, only on Acids and Alkalis ....
Still need to revise through valency table (even though I
already remembered and it's drilled in) and the
Topic on Atoms . I'm nearly forgetting that p=e!!
Protons = Electrons . To find number of neutrons,
take the mass number minus the atomic number (protons/electrons) .
Then if the number of electrons and protons different ..
must write out the ions ... Like .. protons=58, electrons=60.
The charge symbol = (Symbol E.g...Se) Se2- (the 2 is on top)
Then ..... aiya .. dunno lah . Just look through and revise whatever
needed to lor ... OH YAH!! THE DIAGRAM ........ sigh . okay, whatever .

I haven't taken my dinner yet .. And it's .. 10.52pm . Won-der-ful .

Oh well, gotta try to eat now .. OH NO!! My dad's back! HAH! Screwed .
Sure kana scolded de :\

CHECKMATE! drAmAQUEEN .

Comments