WHITE yet BLACK .




I finally had someone from the outside world that decided to notice me in my small world ...

I started to wear a smile every day I go for kindergarten.

Fun. Joy. Laughter. I'm gonna play with a friend for the very first time. I won't have to be the one sitting alone in a table and sulk or go emo anymore. I can finally be like my classmates, play, gossip and do many other things with my new friend. I was so overjoyed that I even asked my mum if she could let me go to Sherry's house to play with the dolls that were the in things last time.

It was about 10 months that we had enjoyed every single minute with each other. Then came the upsetting news that Sherry had to go back to Sydney as something tragic happened in her country and somehow affected her family too - I soon found out when my teacher was talking to Sherry's mom. It was the worst news that I could ever imagine. I could let Ma take away my dolls, my bed, my favourite sheep toy - that I named Petit because it was really small - I didn't care! What mattered was that my only source of social contact and ENJOYMENT in school now was pretty much, and mostly Sherry. The news was really a big blow for me.

I didn't turn up for school on the day that she left. I mean, who can bare to watch a friend go - just like that? I was already in my bed the whole day thinking about the news and cried till my eyes were red and swollen. But I knew that crying would not change the fact that she would be leaving. Time spent with her suddenly felt like only having fun with her for merely 10 days - not 10 months. I wanted to treasure more time with her. She's really nice and... and... Oh what am I saying? Talking about this now won't change anything. There is nothing that I can do to change reality. I even tried to persuade Ma to plead Sherry's parents not to let her go back. But the only response that I got was, "Darling, you need to understand the situation, alright? There's just something important happening in her family that she needs to go back home. It's like... Well, it's her grandma's 70th birthday, so she gotta leave, 70 years old is the special age, remember?" (Special age meaning that when a bear turns 70 years old, they are "promoted" to the senior citizen's level)

Birthday Celebration. yeah right.

Why must this happen to me? I've just made a friend. I've just started to change my social life! It's just when I finally got to know her, she disappears in a blink of an eye. What's worse was that Ma lied to me! How could she lie to me? Why would she even do that? Did she think I was that stupid to believe it? Grandma's birthday. AS IF. Sherry's grandmother died a decade ago. I was her close friend and if I didn't know about that part, I'd be worse than a LOSER and a doofus.

When my Ma and Pa said that time would cure my "sad sickness", I believed them. Or at least I tried to. I kept telling myself not to be emo, don't be emo. Nobody likes emo - nobody in school likes emo cubs.

I tried to wear a smile - like how I used to when Sherryw as around - to school after that incident. But I knew very well I couldn't keep this up - the smile wasn't even natural! Besides, I smiled only because I was being told to. I didn't want to cause any argument whatsoever with my parents again like the other time I wore a black face to school and my teacher called my Ma and Pa and they started arguing about how to make me go back to the person I used to be. I even had lectures followed on after school everyday, for a week! No way would I want that to happen again.

I guess I was so used to fixing a fake smile on my face that each time I was really happy for something, like when Ma cooks my favourite fish with the right garnishes and all, I didn't smile as happily - or as real - as when Sherry was around. One day, when my Ma could no longer stand my fake smiles and fake "joy" or what ever you call it, she came up to me and sounded slightly impatient with me, "Dear, would you mind telling me what's going on? It has been over 3 months now and you're still like this. Don't act, tell me, what's wrong?? I'm here, just tell me everything." I looked down on the floor. I didn't want to bring it up again - about the fact that I missed Sherry's companionship ......

But somehow, she just forced me to tell her everything I was upset about. Halfway when she was consulting me as to what I should do to overcome this "big loss" - to me - the phone rang. As my Ma picked it up, she suddenly had a shocked expression and somewhat at a loss of words. Then, she handed me the phone and - not knowing what else to start off with - I said, "Hi?" The familiar voice suddenly gave me a shock. I soon realised I had the same expression as my Ma just now when she answered the phone call.

"S-Sherry? Is that you?" I asked.
"Yeah, of course it's me, who did you think I was anyway?" Sherry laughed.

We had the longest conversation that we ever had. 6 hours - straight. Her call wasn't the only thing that I was so happy about. The fact that she told me that she'd be coming back pretty soon made me put on a smile - a natural and real smile after so long.

That night, while I was settling down in bed, getting ready to sleep soon, Ma came in and sat on my bed. She gave a huge sigh - of relief, I hoped - and smiled with her eyebrows twitching a little bit here and there. She then spoke, "Honey, I'm really, really happy that you're back... To your old self." Then I smiled again. She soon patted me to sleep afterwards. That day, I dreamt about the "future" moment where Sherry and I would be playing on the swing and talk about our lives so far and share almost everything.

Pretty soon, the day that I longed for so long, came and I saw a whole new Sherry.

"SHERRY! You got a haircut!" I smiled and giggled a little. Sherry laughed and nodded her head. We then played and shared about how our lives were going on and I felt like I was living in my past again... Where I had my fun, joy and laughter.

Sherry later told me about her family. Her country was just having an uproar and cause a riot and somehow, her grandfather was involved. He was involved in the street fighting and the whole strike thing. She told me how her family had to stop him from doing all those bad stuff as he was already so old and suffered many injuries from the street fighting. After hearing everything she shared, all I could say was, "Wow." Then I told her how lonely I was after she left - as lonely as before I even met her. I predicted she took that as a compliment as her cheeks started to burn as red as a red tomato.

That very day my Ma allowed me to go to Sherry's house to have more fun times together. I was very elated and decided to walk home instead of having Sherry's chauffeur to come pick the both of us up. This helped us to take a longer time to get home and of course, talk about secrets and stuff. Though we requested it to be a private - just the two of us - journey back home, Sherry's mom did not feel safe and told the chauffeur to follow us home, feeling uncomfortable, I requested him to follow us secretly instead. But anwyay, So much for the privacy we wanted.

On our way home we stopped at the seven-eleven store and decided to buy a snack to munch on before continuing our journey back to her place. This time, the chauffeur appeared from out of no where and paid for our snacks and went back to hiding -.-" As I was kind of urgent, I told her - or rather, the two of them - to wait for me outside the seven-eleven store as I went in the toilet to do my business.

To my horror, when I came out of the toilet, they were gone. Both Sherry AND the chauffeur. At first I thought, you know, maybe they could be hiding somewhere and well, it could be an unexpected hide-and-seek game, just for fun. But no, it was just me. Standing outside the seven-eleven store entrance. Me and the wind.

They were gone. SHERRY was gone.

~~~~~~~

SUGGESTION BOXES:
You guys can comment in the tagboard on what ideas you may want this story to have.. blahblahblah . (FYI, this is just for fun. I actually did this to kill time :\)

Stay tuned for episode 3 (:

Posting dates:
3/4 times a week:
Anytime in the week except Wednesday, Thursday & Sunday.

Title: My tragic loss

~~~~~~~

SLACK .

Crazy right? SLACKING! Even my sister is doing that right now. Well, now that her PW presentation day is OVER, she gets to enjoy and dance over the moon, whatsoever. including coming back late at night.

Well, I woke up pretty late today again .. I had the best dream EVER!! And guess what? The moment I opened my eyelids - fully - I sprang out of bed immediately and first word that came out of my mouth was, "WHOA!" MAN!! That sensation was killing me xD

LOL . OKay ... Then well, I rushed to watch 'wizards of waverly place the movie' online and the stupid thing load super slow I got so fed up I ended up fast-forwarding almost 30 minutes of the movie T.T

Then I rushed out and meet guof before heading for school. The weather was really really weird . The moment we stepped out of the building, it was drizzling . Then, as we walked pass the terraces, it STOPPED drizzling . moments before we reached the overhead bridge, fyi, right beside the last terrace we walked pass, it started to drizzle again -.-" Worse still, when we got to school, it started to drizzle a little lesser . Then when we got to school, downpour =.="

And so... had guzheng and lao shi said I improved my yin se (:
He talked to guof and I about going overseas to China to excel in learning guzheng . Maybe like not go for lesson for a whole month in ARTS but take the opportunity to learn in China . Where every morning you wake up, you hear the nice music people play .. That would signal a fresh morning, creating the right atmosphere .... well, in my dreams . HAH . well, given that opportunity, I most definitely want to go, but I'm still hesistating . Besides, lao shi did not really confirm about this giving-the-opportunity-for-us-to-go-overseas-and-learn... thing. Or gain new experiences and get to look at things from a different perspective.

After guzheng, went to Amabel's house and knocked on her door (pretty much just ringed the doorbell), Amabel took SOBERYRBERYYYYY long to come down . She told me she just woke up from her beauty sleep -.-" IT WAS 6.30pm!!!! Sleep very long nahh!! LOL . Her younger bro kept telling me that she was bathing . Yeah right . Big fat liar - as always.

Then we went to kovan and bought my stuff and she went to look at clothes afterwards. We bought Milk Tea too . The lady give a lot of pearls and everything .UGH . Almost every "sip" we intaked, we had to chew 5 pearls -_-

Went home and mom got quite angry by the fact that I didn't tell her I went to kovan =x

Oh well... Ate dinner alone.. My mom had to send my sis to the chalet at Pasir Ris there .. She got lost at tampines and told me she drived in circles .. for so long.. she then realised ... LOL!!! Then came back quite late . HAHA .

Then I watched my show . 9pm show, channe 8 . Like seriously, Of all the shows I've watched.. this was the most.. economic-like, super propaganda-type show .. It bored me to death . But somehow, I just kept on watching ........

._.

And now I'm about to sleep .. .... (:

CHECKMATE! drAmAQUEEN .

Comments