WHITE yet BLACK .

There are many things in this life a little heart can't hold in ..

Some have bigger hearts than I do . They can take it . But somehow, in life .. well, I'm not that .. "abled" - in a way - to do so .

It was an early morning and I knew that if I were to force myself to sleep again, I'd grow more tired and would wanna sleep in the bed for the rest of the day. But then I remembered Mama said that if I were to become as lazy as Papa, she'd make sure she'd give be a different - not to mention disguisting - diet every day . I mean, who would wanna go through that anyway?

I could feel my heart throbbing and head spinning. It seems like my mind's still fresh about the nightmare that I just had. I've always been having bad nightmares nowadays... Maybe, just maybe if once, I could do something to take my mind off ...

"Elle!! You'd better get your butt here for breakfast right now! You hear me? This minute! Otherwise, breakfast for tomorrow'd be a salad. The meal the comes with tomatoes, vegetables..." Could moms just get any naggier?? Couldn't she just - for once - think about her daughter's crisis here??

As soon as I got out of bed, I stumbled down the stairs, nearly hitting Pa who got woken up by Ma's Elle-wake-up call. "Mom .. I don't wanna eat breakfast, alright? I just wanna go out now. Bye." I rubbed my eyes with my paws and walked sloppily to the main door. Just then, my mom - whom was still frying the fish in the pan at the stove - said, "Hon, what's the matter? You've not been eating your breakfast for 2 days straight! That's so unlike you, mind telling me what's wrong?" I didn't want anyone to rub any salt to my wound right now, so I simply said, "Nothing, I just came to realise how fresh the morning air is whenever I take morning walks."

I knew I couldn't lie to her any longer. Why should I even BE lying to my Ma? It's just unlike me - just like my Ma said. But why do I even bother about this now? I have a love and friendship life to worry about. Here's the current situation: Jeremy - whom I seriously have a crush on - totally hates me. My best friend, Tina, betrayed me and went out with Jeremy behind my back when I was about to get close to him. My cousin, Marea, told me the whole story and - just.like.that - I broke down. Besides, up till today (that incident happened a week ago), I can't seem to understand why she was doing this to me. I've never betrayed her, backstabbed her or whatever that pushes the blame to her even if it was really my fault. I would never - in my life - ever do something to my longest best friend ever. No way.

I was walking down the path leading straight to the oak tree. I was about to make my permanent morning spot every time I get out of the house when I heard a familiar voice. "Hahaha... yeah ... I know, she's real stupid, isn't she? ... Yeah ... Hahaha... Sure! I'd love to watch that movie! ... Tomorrow's the release date, I heard? .... I've been waiting my WHOLE life to watch it!" Okay. Number 1; I definitely know what movie she was about to watch and I definitely know what she's gonna be doing right after the show. Number 2; That was definitely the movie that she promised to watch with me 2 weeks ago! How could she! Then again, she betrayed, backstabbed and stole my to-be-boyrfriend. Stealing a date to watch with my to-be-boyfriend rather than her BFF was what she could easily do as the next step.

Just when I sat down, lifted my head up, I saw the two of them walking closely together, just passing the river down by the hill from where I was under the oak tree. I wanted to walk over and say, "Hey! That's my boyfriend! Go away!" And push her or something. But seriously, I'm not even bitchy in the first place - even though my mind is. Who cares? They're going OUT. OUT. I'm telling you. There's no chance for me. An ordinary bear wouldn't stand a chance with a charming and talented in art bear. I'm not that pretty either.

After seeing them walk pass the riverbank, I walked down the hill to the river side to drink - or at least wash my face a little, I was still tired and sleepy. Just then... "Elle? Elle what are you doing here??" There goes that familiar voice again - no, Tina's voice, and she sounded pretty upset. "This river's part of my family's property, I can come here to wash my face, clean up, drink water and even bathe here. Is there a problem? Can't you see I'm washing my face?" I was pretty sure I sounded fierce as Tina's facial expression turned into and ugly monster or beast. She was about to do something rash when Jeremy stopped her and tried to calm her down. I could hear him telling her something that I, after hearing it, was extremely upset about, "Forget about her babe, she's just lost her cool after that day. Still hasn't chilled yet. Anyway, clearly we're not really welcomed here in this 'plot of land' since even the youngest chases us away."

I got so mad that I nearly charged at them like a red bull when I sort-of-calmly spoke, "Get out. Get out, or I will slice you into to meat and prepare you for dinner." Tina backfired me, "Like as if you would. Hmph, c'mon Jeremy, you're right, we're not welcomed here."

I could feel my blood boiling in my head. Firstly, this 'plot of land' as JEREMY - the one who used to me my love of my LIFE - told Tina just now is my territory. Anyone who DARES to pass without any of my family member's permission - especially them - would be minced meat. Second of all, remembered he said that 'even the youngest chases us away'? Yeah. Well, to us, normally the eldest has the worst temper. And the family that has the oldest bears in the house are known as 'Volcano families'. They tend to be really hot-tempered, thus, driving away visitors. Apparently, according to Jeremy, it was like as if I was the eldest, and my parents, MUCH MUCH older than me, that even if the youngest is extremely hot-tempered, the older ones would be much worse, classifying my family as one of those 'volcano' dudes.

Life wasn't fair for me. It wasn't just this that affected me so much either, that's why Jeremy could be that heartless to tell me that. Actually, I used to have a friend. A friend that I knew when I was merely a cub. Nobody befriended me because I was really quiet and looking quite pathetic. I was merely a forlorn cub that sits at the corner of the classroom everytime in kindergarten. Nobody cared about me.

Until, came a day when there was a foreign exchange student. The moment she set foot in the classroom - and of course, introducing herself to everyone - she came straight to me and sat in front of me and started to talk. "Hi! I'm Sherry, from Sidney... Why are you so lonely, my friend? Are you always like this in class?" My friend. she said. She called me her friend! My eyes glistened and I started to straighten my back a little and say, "Hi, I'm Elle, from this country." I could feel myself grinning from ear to ear.

I didn't know what else to say to a friend, considering that she was my first. "I'm ... always lonely in class. Nobody wants to be my friend. Nobody ever wanted to be.." Then, I felt her paw on my shoulder. She looked at me and said, "My, my, that means I'm your very first friend? Well, I am very well-honoured to be your first friend" She smiled. And then I realised I was actually seeing a friend in front of me. A someone that first talked to me and be my friend.

Just when I was about to say something, she wrapped her arms around me and cuddled me like a soft toy.

"You're my first friend too."

"Wow..."

"Haha, yeah.."

And that's when I realised that I was no longer lonely anymore.

~~~~~~~

ALRIGHT! That's the end of episode 1 (:

Stay tuned... for episode 2! (:
And do comment on the story thanks! :D

Title: White yet black

LIFE TODAY.

Woke up late again today. Toss and turned on my bed and didn't really cared if time passed quickly or slowly. Nothing mattered but SLEEP itself . Heard my dad talking to me and he mentioned POO in front of the kitchen toilet. MAN, I don't wanna clean something like that when I just wake up! It totally ruins the whole fresh-morning thingy .. I blinked and blinked when he asked me what I wanted for lunch today. I told him the usual - Wanton mee.

It's really amazing when you know some really cool food stalls that are famous and lives nearby your house.. Okay . But this, this one isn't famous, alright? But I know that people even coming from the west, come all the way here to that wanton mee stall just to eat a simple plate of wanton mee. Remember Panda show? KUNGFU PANDA? Yupp . The specialty is what's on the inside - or whatever it was .. You have to make it special for it to be special . And to me, that wanton mee is the best wanton mee I've ever tasted (:

I then woke up sloppily and walked to the kitchen to the toilet, carefully stepping over the mat where Orlie usually poos if she did not poo on the newspaper or anywhere much near it .. I washed up and heard something . Oh chey, it was just the door . My dad came back from buying lunch .. I then looked down onto the floor - just to make sure I don't step on it, now that I'm very much awake - then my eyes widened . There was no POO!

Then I told my dad that the POO vanished -.-"

Only to realise he said that he told me that Orlie pooed outside that toilet instead of on the newspaper -.-" Oh dummy .

Then I slacked at the computer and walked around, mapled with my sis, used facebook ...etcetc .

And then, I'm gonna watch my show now . Goodbye! (:

CHECKMATE! drAmAQUEEN .

Comments