School

School

This week was the first week of school and I already feel as though I'm halfway through the semester… Wave of assignments given… Trying my best to chiong everything… You could even say, I'm feeling a little stressed now. Despite that, God once again showed His loving kindness to me.

Earlier this week, I was given an assignment where we are to do cover songs of commercially produced songs. This isn't just any cover song, the mix, tone, quality, balance, accuracy of the notes and number - and what kind - of instruments matter! As I don't know many songs, nor many people whom I know can sing the same - or almost the same - as the artistes I listen to, my choices were limited. As soon as I picked a song, "A Team", by Ed Sheeran, I found out a day later that my friend - who had the same class the day before, got briefed about the assignment the day before, had an extra day earlier as advantage to choose songs to cover - chose the same song as I did. He then sort of implied about wanting me to change the song since he stated first on FB group page that he'd be doing that song. And I was like… That's not fair. He started the status to post the songs up and was first to comment, had the same class a day before I did… and I didn't even see that until one day after I knew about the assignment! Not cool man. It might be the hormones, but I got really upset. More sad than angry actually. I even felt like crying in the train on my way to school that day as I read the depressing news.

As soon as I arrived in school, walked to my classroom, I saw my friend there sitting on a chair and talking with his friends. The moment he saw me, he was so afraid I'd be so mad at him for wanting me to change the song I'll be doing a cover of. Then he and his friends couldn't stop talking to me. Throwing me all sorts of suggestions. I really wanted to cry because I felt pressured, not because of the news about having to change the song I picked.. Somehow, as they were talking to me and I was trying to assure them I'm not angry at this friend, I suddenly saw things in a different perspective. I guess earlier on when I found out about the news, I felt afraid to choose other songs because I don't think I'm up to doing those songs… I'm really afraid as this is an individual project and I don't want to mess it up… What I saw was, I wasn't alone.

My friend said to me that actually if I really wanted to do the song - since I'm a girl - he'd just let me have it. But I don't know why I didn't say yes to that! He told me afterwards that he actually already started transcribing. All my anger - that bit - just disappeared. And I was like, oh… then it wouldn't make sense for me to "snatch" the song, right? I haven't started on anything anyway. ANYWAY, he then later offered to help me with strings and all that for the new cover song his friend suggested to me. "You And Me", by Lifehouse. I'm a little afraid about this.. But after hearing from my senior, bob, I think this was a good choice! Yay! I didn't have to worry after all :p God really provided another way for me, probably an even better choice too. And now I have extra help. yayy~~

And the other thing is, for the past few nights, I've been feeling more emotional than usual. Just last night, I'd barely slept for 3.5hours? Stayed up to do work and all.. Felt so tired physically, mentally, emotionally… and even spiritually. I tried to be strong though, spiritually, that is. That is, being weak and made strong through Christ. But even my body gave up thinking about it. sigh :\ that was late in the night of course.

Somehow, when I woke up today, went about my day, first time helped another fellow songwriter, I'd felt SO MUCH MORE RELAXED! Praise God!

This may not be an extraordinary thing I see happening in my life, but it's these little things that I find that I see God's hand in that amazes me so of how much He does love and care for me… for us!

That all aside… Due to holidays and MUCH slacking and cupcakes, and random cooking, and much calories consumed, I've gained weight. I gained 2kg. Sian. What's worse? I didn't exercise during the holidays and now I am and thus, gaining more weight due to muscles forming T.T

OH BOY… *cries*

Okay, I shall end this post here! I've got another project to work on. A journal, this time round. Gonna be graded on it =.="

Comments