Dreams #2, Strange things happening

Dreams #2

Hey guys, it's time for a second post about this. Bear in mind that I do not assume that these are dreams from the Holy Spirit, but dreams that I am unsure of how to look at or interpret… something like that.

Dream #1:
This dream is about knowledge. What's an object that comes to your mind when you think about knowledge? Books. This dream was FILLED with books and more books. the books were stacked in a way that they're like walls. These walls formed a tiny room for me to stand in and sit in while browsing or reading a book. There's always a ladder in every "cube"-ish "room". The ladder will take you to another room with more books and a ladder. The ladder doesn't always make you walk up, but sideways as well. I grew up being a little claustrophobic… So the dream wasn't very pleasant for me. I only recalled this dream a couple of weeks ago and just now, hence, I'd like to record it down here. When I told this dream to a group of people, Ben, who was sitting beside me, concluded that it meant, "knowledge alone brings you nowhere." And that is indeed true! If you have knowledge of God alone, that doesn't grant you salvation! What good is the knowledge of God bestowed upon you when all you do is receive and receive? There must be an output somewhere… While not assuming this is a dream from God, I'd like to think of it as a reminder for myself - at the very least - to not be too focused on gaining knowledge. 1 Cor 8:6 mentions about "knowledge inflat(ing) with pride" aka "Knowledge puffs up". Pride is what draw me away from God. Now, why would I want to fall for that trick when I can clearly see it before eyes?

Dream #2:
I've yet to have an interpretation for this one. So here's what it's about… It started off knowing that there is a huge giant (I would think the giant is a male, due to the voice I remember. He just went RAGHHRAGHHHHH!!) rampaging through the city. Btw, I don't live in a city (in real life). So, I just came to feel or know that this giant is after me. It was after my LIFE. I ran for my life, hiding here and there. Strange enough, though I was filled with fear, there was this overwhelming feeling of overcoming it. I grew full of courage! I had to face the giant, I had to tell it something. I had to make things right. This was what I felt in the dream. The giant was holding a weapon. An axe? or a spiked ball? I couldn't remember. But I recalled lead it away from the city into an abandoned open-air dungeon..? And fighting it there, and it was as if trying to slay a dragon or something. I was wondering.. if I felt I should've told it something, why did I fight straight away without talking? I wasn't sure. Then, at this time, the dream rewinded the series of events by itself. And it played again. I was hiding from the giant. Maybe I did it wrong.. Did I? I don't know. I tried again.

In the end, did I end up talking to it? Did I talk it out of killing me? Did I just kill the giant? Did the giant kill me? Sorry guys… I really couldn't remember this part myself… :\

Dream #3:
This dream has yet to have an interpretation for it as well. One of the terrifying dream I've had. Destruction. I was at, what seemed like the airport. It didn't look like my country's airport. Hmm. Well, somehow, while I was near the counter, I saw that there was suddenly a huge countdown. Just picture a typical movie scene, the big flashy countdown that when it flashes out there, everybody freaks out and panics. I was with my family I think. The carpark was nearby and we rushed there. The place seemed like it was falling apart bit by bit. And while we got in the car, there appeared A GIANT ELEPHANT OKAY. IMAGINE HOW BIG AN ELEPHANT IS ALREADY! That was probably a um.. fine, not that big, it was just … maybe two times the size of a normal elephant? My family quickly got into the car. The elephant was stomping around, it looked mad. It was coming at us. Somehow, it overstepped us I think because after that, we ran away again to the roof. While we were there, we were surrounded by flames. We hugged each other as we crumbled to the ground, helpless. I woke up after that, I think.

~~~

Strange things happening

Many months ago, I felt a little shy about commenting on people's videos. Afraid that people will know my real name and all. It's the internet, why not put a front for safety's sake, right? And so I named myself Gwen, a name which I loved for many years and wonder why my parents did not name me that (of course I knew, how would they know what I was thinking of at least 13 years after I was born?) …

I then felt Gwen Chiu was a weird name. It certainly didn't give off the vibe I liked. I preferred a more sophisticated name. I mean, if it was gonna be a fake name, I'd rather have some style right? Anyways, I looked up gwen before and it meant white, holy. I loved that name. I came to love it before I knew its meaning and loved it even more after I knew the meaning of the name. Chiu is an uncommon surname in my country and I never liked standing out.. especially in a way I don't like. I didn't quite like it firstly because since it is an uncommon surname in my country, people SOMEHOW pronounce it as "chooii" and I'm like.. dude… the 'i' comes BEFORE the 'u'… OTL and I don't think my teacher was dyslexic at all. Well, that's not the point. I just didn't find it cool. So as I was thinking of a last name, I suddenly thought, maybe something that starts with 'M'… that'd be cool…. and somehow, I wrote "Morté" as my surname. Of course, I totally made that up. It just looks like a pretty word to me anyway.

Months later, Ben asked me if I knew the meaning of my surname on google/youtube, etc. And I was taken aback a little as I told him I didn't know it'd have a meaning since I kinda just randomly created the word. And when he told me that that word is a latin word for "death". I freaked out. No, literally. I wasn't jumping, but I felt my heart beating loudly. I was like… my google name is such an.. oxymoron.

I don't know what to conclude from this.. was it the devil that was telling me to write that as my surname? was it God who was giving me a sign about struggles in life? What is it? .. I have no idea.. hmm. I didn't think much about it in the following days after though.

~

This one concerns smell.

I am unsure, as usual. Pretty much like a skeptic.. but not the extreme because I am one for the sake of seeking God. In a sense, I want to be so so sure that it is God and not some other weird thing nor myself. This one was a mystery to me though because this smell was, but for just a brief second.

It may be a really short time that I smelled somewhat like an incense smell that made my nose scrunch. This happened twice. Once was during a meeting on Tuesday, a few days ago and the another, just a few hours ago. During the meeting in church, we weren't even praying, but discussing about matters regarding the youth in our English congregation. Right there and then, randomly, I smelled something like an incense smell. The place didn't smell of it before. I turned to ask Ben if he smelled anything weird a few seconds ago, but he said he didn't smell anything weird. I was puzzled.

Then, earlier as I was just about to read the passage of psalm 23, I recalled an album 5 guys came together to make. Well, as artistes, I mean, not like, including sound engineer and arranger and all that. I'm not too sure of the details, but anyway, the album consists of psalms sung in a more contemporary way, a little tribal-ish for me, but I love it. The songs are so meaningful - from the psalms of course. And when I heard the psalm, a wave of comfort washed over me. I decided to add the songs to my macbook (I got the cd before my macbook so I didn't have the album in my macbook), and while doing so, I decided to listen to some songs. When I came to the track, "When I'm afraid" adapted from Psalm 56,  the incense smell came back! It was a little longer than before. Before it was barely a second. This smell was slightly clearer, maybe because I smelled it before that's why when I caught it, it felt like I was sucking the fragrance lol. so that it stretched to a full second that I smelled it.

What was my first reaction?

*sniffs laptop* … *sigh of relief* … "my macbook is not on fire."

Even if it was, there surely was no smoke. No, it didn't smell like smoke. My nose just twitched again because of the smell. So I was like "confirming" and "canceling out possibilities". The smell was only for a brief second so I have no idea what EXACTLY it smelled like. But the first thought came to my mind: incense. My room smell like incense was definitely a first for me. For as long as I could remember. I don't have any incense-smelling thing in my room. I was puzzled again.

So upon doing research and looking at pretty credible websites, it seemed that the smell of incense indicated the presence of the Holy Spirit. I felt .. enlightened? Happy? Somewhat around there.. Because I've been praying about feeling His presence around me, I want to see Him real before my eyes. No, I don't mean more miracles around me.. I don't mean that.. What I mean is I long for this encounter with God. Myself. That's the bestest feeling ever! The great joy, that great feeling fully appreciated between both God and myself. That thirst, that hunger for Him in my life. Finding out that this brief second of perhaps incense indicating a possibility of the Holy Spirit made me feel… happy ;)

Well, that marks the end of this post! :D

Comments