Please.

Please.

I'm not even asking you to climb 12 floors up and down, but please, please respect my decision of working at an FnB outlet.

So many people are telling me it's not worth it, fnb make me do this, do that, my hands get dirty, I learn to do more things but my pay the same, and it's not high either. Hey, did you not think that I would've already considered these things before taking on the job?

I love it. okay? I LOVE THE JOB.

I love the aunties working there, they brighten up my day with their cheerful laughter and kind-heartedness.

I love the managers there, I don't even care if I'm underpaid, these people are nice - true or not - they are nice, down-to-earth, give me free meals, .. they are just so.. like friends. I don't even see them as someone I have to be formal with at all. I can be myself. And I love that.

I love the fact that the chefs there are filled with a different races, especially the ones from china, whatever they talk, I don't understand, but I can tell they're nice, okay? They smile all the time, they joke around even though I don't know what the heck they're saying, they're all so funny. And the malays/indians working there. THEY JUST STARE everytime. I mean, they don't talk, they don't say hi, they either stare or smile widely. well, the staring thing goes for the china people too. LOL. I don't know. Love is blind, right? I love my job and wherever I'm working at. It's blind, but it does not mean to my disadvantage, but yours - or at least those who never experienced this wonderful, wonderful world.

I tell you, before I even got this job, I was already ready to clean the toilet. I mean, I didn't know there wasn't any toilet in that restaurant since there's one right across the outlet in the mall, right? I'm not a regular of that mall anyway.

All these that I get seemed like bonuses to me. Money isn't everything, as so it seems to the world now. I have food here, get paid, good company, good time, time flies, sometimes boring, but can always have casual chats, complaining about our day with one another... c'mon. It's like a family. Do you get that in office jobs? No. They may pay higher, but no, sometimes there'll always be that formal front everybody puts on, that secret mask that nobody will ever take out because they have a face to protect.

Down here? Here it's all open for everyone to see. So what if your hands are dirty? You can always wash them again. Smile, customers don't owe you big bucks. Joke around with colleagues if they seem down, care for one another, it's alright if you can't handle heavy trays, just walk faster while carrying a lighter load (clearing tables/plates, etc).

Thing is, I know some of my friends have said, "If I were you, I'd quit......" And I'm not saying all these  to say you're the crazy one. I'm saying all these because, yes, I do know IF you were ME, but right now, it's my decision. And if working here makes me feel comfortable, I'd appreciate it if I had respect of my decision working at wherever I am now. Whether I know I am being cheated/underpaid or what. I don't. care. I myself am clear of my intentions and my reasons for staying, reasons even that are not listed in this post.

I feel comfortable working here. As friends, be happy for me. Please?

Comments