Poems

Poems

Have been trying to wonder about what to write about in a new poem. It would seem that my emotion words are not strong enough for certain themes.. hmm.. I've been looking through my past poems as well. You know, for self-improvement, etc.. or perhaps even gain new inspiration from just reading my past written poems. I wish inspiration would come to me naturally like how I was able to write a poem each day unless I had tests/exams coming up that I wouldn't have time to write.. but most of the time my head was bombarded with all sorts of words that I'd somehow felt "long" to put them together and just write a poem. just like that. But I guess it's not so simple now.. or is it? Hmmm.. Oh well, shall quote some stanzas of some poems before I start on how my day went then.

"For God first loved us,
We learn to love others
For who they are, regardless
Accepting all their flaws; their failures"

- "The amazing world merged with life", written on 31 July 2010.

"Life is unpredictable,
yet it is, sometimes
It's a never ending battle
Against this persistent devil."

- "I would.. But should I?", written on 5 August 2010.

"Remember..
When we first held our hands
In agreement to be friends?

Remember..
When we hugged, with this
A seal of our promise as friends forever?

Remember..
When you were there for me when I failed
We then made a promise to be there for each other?"

- "On that day", written on 9 August 2010.

"Ever seen trees without leaves?
during winter, or late autumn, it seems
Ever seen how much it trembled in the cold?
How it had to shed it's leaves, doing as it's told?"

- "Bits", written on 13 August 2010.

"Do you see the moon
under the same twilight
Just as full as the sun in noon
In this quiet and peaceful night?"

- "Do you see?", written on 18 November 2010.

"Slowly, but surely
bit by bit now
Arms wide and free
She takes her bow

One stands,
Another follows
Combining their hands
Thunder flows
Like crashing dominos"

- "Step forth!", written on 12 December 2010.

"What is this world
I do not recognise
Why had it unfurled
To me, a mask in disguise?"

- "The White Mask", written on 2 March 2011.

More on the poem blog(:
Do hope to be able to write more.. =.=
Poem blog: http://capturedfree.blogspot.com/

~

I won't say much for this post actually. Well, today was a rather gloomy day for me. I'd never felt so sick in.. well, "some time". haha! gah. always falling sick -.- Thing is, I don't have fever! so that's good. still can go school :D sigh. but I'md currently down with headache, flu, phlegm, sore throat, cough (just became worse - though not that bad - today) and bad neckaches. a little bit of sneezing here and there.. oh well. dear body of my mine please recover fast!! hate to be sick =.="

oh right. and the two ulcers too -.-

Alright, so I had a pretty dreadful day, I would say. Physics was a little funny as they talked about Yum Ah Mee.. erm.. did I spell it correctly? gah. and talked dunno about what pms? hmm.. oh right.. Prime Minister Scholar. and Mr Pang - or should I say, Mr Pehhhng - kept um-chioing upon hearing this =x then was like "You all so bad." then um-chio um-chio. tsktsk.

Ms Ong didn't come today, so we had free period.. no work given for English. Also had an early dismissal :D I tried the butter rice today. The one that everyone'd been queueing up (really really long queues) to eat that. don't know what's so nice about it... but yeah.. it tasted pretty alright to me though. Sorry for the disappointment :\ I guess it's just not my kind of food..

Math was.. well, as I predicted, Mr Go went through the paper 2 of the 2009 prelim paper. No new papers were given. Hmm.. I guess I'll practice on my tys for now for E math :D

Alright. I guess I'll be going now. Better get some rest(:

Comments