SERVE

SERVE

It's the second day of SERVE and I must say, I quite like the new environment here. Everyone was so nice yesterday, all smiles and ready to serve, literally.(: But I guess there's still the new environment feeling as always... Today felt a bit... estranged.

Well, a lot of things went through my mind today, but despite that, it didn't stop me from learning. I was so inspired by what Steve shared today. He's not a pastor or anything, just a church member, but he's gone to speak to many people - around my age or a little older - for the past few years. Today we learnt about our identity in Christ which is how God sees us. After the teaching, we were given questions and to answer them as we do qt in some comfortable and quiet and less distracted area. I think I found mine... shall go there tmr again.. Hmm.. Well, I would say I got a little bit distracted. But nonetheless, God was gracious and allowed me to learn something from the distraction.

And the lesson is.. I guess I realise the difficulty of standing up for what I believe in, for what I believe is right. That’s because today somewhere at the back of my head there were tiny doubts and a fear that gripped my heart. I was afraid because I lack the bible knowledge to so called, “back-up” my statements. I was afraid I’d stray from God because the person would’ve won the argument and leave me with a deep impact/impression there of something I know is untrue, but have got nothing to prove it. It made me realise how important bible knowledge is. If I couldn’t stand up for what I believed in which was right properly with good bible knowledge, how will I assure myself that my faith would not be shaken when encountering the same thing in the future?

Well, one thing for sure is, I’ll never give up. I’ll continue to seek God and ask Him for forgiveness for today and the discipline to read the bible, for it is part of serving God after all; bringing people to Christ. As a servant, devoted to God, called by God, I am willing. And I will do whatever God wants me to do, to fulfill my purpose in life, to fulfill God’s will in my life, as an action of love, as a devoted servant of Christ, as a devoted child of God.

As for the previous two paragraphs, they were from my SERVE journal. You may not really understand the full picture, but I'm sure you'll get the gist of it. Yupp, today's important lesson (at least for after the teaching): very important to read the bible, to gain biblical knowledge, so that your faith would not be - easily - shaken.


(I will) "..stand firm in all the will of God, matured and fully assured."
- Colossians 4:12.

Comments