Apologies. Fan the Flame within me.

Apologies ..

10
things I thank God for.

1) I'm surviving this everyday battle against sin. against the works of the devil.
2) God sees me and hears me, He knows what I'm going through because He spoke through people to tell me just that, today.
3) Camomile tea! - the calm-you-down tea~~
4) Peanut butter waffles <3
5) Musical preparations are going so well!! :D :D
6) Changing me so much to the point where I'm not afraid to speak to strangers or meet new people - I think the change was so gradual/subtle it took me so long to realise this point!
7) My song I wrote for my songwriting turned out to be.. well, still stuck in my head. I feel like developing it into a proper song... hmm.
8) Reminding me of my purpose in life, also my purpose in doing things, the drive to find reasons in certain difficult circumstances/situations, etc.
9) Wisdom & purpose (although I mentioned this in the previous point, I find it important, hence.)
10) Revelation. After wrestling with God - I never win - God reveals to me a bit more about Himself, He is glorified, I learn new things, I grow spiritually, grow closer to God.



~~~

Well, that was a lot of words in almost every point :p :p

So sorry for the absence. I've been so so busy with school; assignments, projects, busy with rehearsals (preparations for the upcoming musical [S.O.S.]) in church... I don't really have much time for my friends.. and much less my family ): poor them. POOR ORLIE D; I miss her so much. She's growing so old I wish time could just slow down so I can appreciate her so much more.. Sigh.. I'm even staying up right now to blog. ._. erm.

Fan the Flame within me.

I'm so glad I just had another breakthrough earlier on. As you can see in the list today, God spoke to me through a person. Well, he's probably not very new to ya'll. He appeared on television before. He's a motivational speaker, his name is, Glenn Lim. I hope I got his surname right.. haha :\ It's so late at night my brain's not processing things very well at the moment. So after he preached to us (youth, during youth service earlier) we had this time of prayer, where we worshipped God, and went forward to be prayed for. Now, there were really so many people who went forward - I didn't know cos I was one of the first few to step out in front - and so the speaker got some church pastoral staff and other volunteers to go around and pray for us, that all of us who stepped forward will be prayed for.

So... at first I went forward. Then... a girl stood beside. While we were singing, I felt like crying. I remember Shu Ling mentioning that people crying could be a sign that the Holy Spirit is here. I mean, there, in that place. So... I guess.. well, I wasn't even prayed for yet, but I was crying. I blame - partially - the girl beside me. As she sang, she sounded like she was crying already. So it was like, half wailing and half singing, I don't even know how. I wanted to laugh, but I couldn't all that came out was just tears and more tears. Fine, and mucus. ew. I waited pretty long before I was prayed for, by Su Bin. After being prayed for, I stood there and just sang praises to God. Somehow, everytime I wanted to so-called, raise the intensity of my voice because I was so moved, I couldn't. I would always stop singing and cry some more. T.T I was the biggest crybaby there, I'm pretty sure.

Beside me stood another person. So Glenn came over and asked him if he was prayed for yet. And he shook his head. At this point of time, I kept crying and stopping and crying and stopping, like, the cycle kept repeating (sorry for my bad english, I can't really think well enough now to structure it properly =.=") So after praying for him, Glenn went straight over to me and prayed for me. He didn't even ask me if I'd been prayed for - which, yes, I was actually prayed for already. But I didn't stop him. Why? Because suddenly he mentioned something that I've been longing to hear.

You know, everytime in a period of dryness, you tend to question, is God really out there? Does He really hear my prayers? Sigh. And you're just going through tough.. crazy things.. Sometimes when you just don't get hints, you feel like giving up.... Yeah,  I kinda was feeling that the night before (yesterday).. and also so very much of that earlier on. And BAM. I was given assurance right there and then.

God really knows our limits and He may allows us to bend, but never break. To bend because, well, at the end of every story, there's always revelation right? Hmm. I trust in Him that He won't let me break, because He is perfect, His plans are perfect and He loves me greatly. He's not a sadist. C'mon.

Hmm, so with that, I end my short testimony I guess. :) Haha, I didn't expect I would type a short testimony here, but... good news must be shared, right? :D :D Time for me to do my qt! Excited!

Comments