Free Time

Free Time

Since I've got a lil free time on my hands now, I shall blog!

So, the first week of the semester has just passed and like any other first weeks (except previous sem's first week cos previous sem was hell with all those holidays and stuff.), it was pretty intimidating where the lecturers will brief us on what we'll be learning and what assignments we'll be given, what we have to prepare, etc. I'm really looking forward to what I'll be learning this sem!

I've been driven to writing some lyrics after being exposed to a lot of pop/punk pop/rock. It's been really awesome hearing those genres now, I'm seriously growing to love them a lot. You see, I used to ALWAYS listen to religious/classical songs. That's it. The amount of secular songs I listen to are very limited. However, I do have a favorite country singer who is none other than Taylor Swift! :D How was I drawn towards her? Well, I've always fancied - no, in fact, I loved - songwriting and I just LOVE how the lyrics go hand-in-hand with the melody and it just sounds so so awesome. Thus, I've always been amazed at how Taylor could write about anything. (I have a special liking for songwriters like her, they write meaningful lyrics and make it sound EVEN MORE meaningful with the melody.) Erm, so back on track, technically, I only listened to classical/religious/country. I loved Jazz even though I seldom listen to Jazz. I always hear it over the radio and I'll go like.. oooOOoOooo~~~

And so I grew up with those kinds of music.

Being able to write fast songs is something seriously amazing for me for I've always sticked to slow songs cos I'm not the daring kind - or rather, in a sense to try something new. So.. I guess I'll be working on it for now!

Well, about my new class... Yes, my friends in the same clique as me got dispersed to other classes and now it feels strange to be in a class full of even smaller, yet more cliques, get what I mean, right? :\ And also due to the segregation in the class, it feels like there's no sense of bonding - AS OF YET.. So it's rather quiet.............. erm. and also due to other reasons I guess. I suddenly feel really intimidated with these new and extremely hardworking people whom I've never exactly talked to before........ Oh this sense of competitiveness drives me crazy, really!

Haha I still have actually a lot of crap to type about but my eyes are pretty tired already so.. yup, I shall end my post here. Do check out my poem blogA big thanks to those who have been keeping up and reading my poems!! :D :D Do look forward to the next post! Might be soon if I'm bored. hehe.

Comments