God comes to us where we are

God comes to us where we are

After today's sermon, I can't help but think about what my mom said a couple of months back when I questioned, so some are against mega churches, some belittle small churches.. why? I mean, okay lor, maybe teaching wrong or something..? My mom said that God reveals Himself slowly to us, He comes to us and shows us Himself in the way He knows would best be good for us. For example, if some are afraid of hearing voices or something, God may not reveal Himself to you with his voice, but maybe in your dreams, or through people.

I've been thinking.. does that mean, even when some people may find the mega churches' teaching are wrong? or maybe just different? Honestly, I wouldn't really know since I've never really attended a mega church service.. okay, maybe twice, in two different churches. One of FCBC, then New Creation Church. But that was pretty wayyyyyy back long long long time ago :\ So I can't really recall. But yeah, it's those rahh rahh churches I'm afraid of. No offence, really. I just don't like rahh rahh churches :\ maybe it's due to my introvert-ness.

Anyways, I do agree, God comes to us where we are. The ways he reveals to all of us are different, and perhaps that's why there are so many churches now. It's probably the different group of people, the different ways that God touch the hearts of people and change their lives - not saying all people in the church is restricted to only one way of experiencing God lah. But, in general I guess. Or maybe just the different kinds of churches; Anglican, Methodist, Charismatic, Baptist, Lutheran, etc (or is it only 5 ah?).

My opinion? Hmm.. Well, after seeing the lives of my friends, maybe I agree and disagree at the same time. Yes, their teaching is right. but the emphasis may be wrong. Yes, we lack resources, and sometimes be exclusive christians. But after thinking about these, there's no point accusing each church's flaws, through gossiping and what not. God will deal with them. He isn't restricted to us doing His job for Him because He can very well do it on His own without us. But what's the point of us doing it, if without love? If we identify our own flaws, we act upon it as a church as a whole. pin-pointing each other doesn't do us any good, but divide the church of God (I mean all the churches together) because though there are many churches in Singapore, or better yet, in the entire world, we are, worshipping but one God and one God only. If that church worships God for His grace, so be it. But if they ignore what God has done, the work at the cross, the OT scriptures in the Bible, what good would it be to worship Him for who He is if they know not what God did in the OT but only in NT and in their lives?

At times, small churches are good, good for interaction and fellowship and they can and may build much stronger bonds with everyone in the church and be united as one body of Christ. But at times, we may be exclusive. We learn, and learn, input a lot, but less output. So what's the point in learning if we don't put this knowledge into good use?

I'm not trying to accuse anyone of anything, but stating my opinions here.

Well, at the end of the day, God judges every one for everything he/she has done in their lives. Everything. And whether they go to heaven and live with God for the rest of their lives is also decided by God. It's between God and man, their relationship I guess..

It's hard. to stop judging. I know.

Comments