(:

(:

A "wordless" title would fit this post perfectly.

Yay! SERVE has been really fun and great! :D :D Got to know more about my new friends and engage in some personal conversations and it's really encouraging to experience all of this(: As I begin to see God working in other people's lives, I feel like I'm really not alone, and I'm not afraid to share my own personal experience with God.

Now here's the problem. SERVE is ending, I won't be staying in SERVE forever, and as according to the great commission, I am to evangelise (beginning part) right... So... how am I gonna do that with people whom I have no clue about, don't know if they're open or comfortable hearing me out? My insecurity lurks within me and it's hard to break through that little box inside of me.

One part of SERVE is to step out of your comfort zone, I remembered. Well, I just suddenly thought of many things...... literally. From random quotes like, "Walking by faith and not by sight", to the songs I've written and one of the many reasons why I do so. Then I thought about how God used me to share the joy of the experience of God in my life and encourage the people in my church, perhaps through this songwriting thing, I can even encourage myself! Perhaps a good reminder or so. Yes, of course I would remember songs written by other songwriters, I'm just saying the songs I wrote would be more personal and perhaps even more "effective" I guess..... But that's just what I thought.

Well, I've been stretched all over in my time of SERVE; physically, mentally, emotionally & spiritually. I realised it's not easy to serve, like do productive stuff throughout the entire day, using up all 4 aspects every single day. Every day I face spiritual warfare, every day I tire myself out, both physically and spiritually.... etcetc... But I guess I'm learning to cope with it for I know for sure I'll definitely be encountering such experiences in future. One thing I remembered telling myself for a period of time is, "Don't give up, don't lose heart."

And I guess that'll probably stay with me through the rest of my life as I live in this world, struggling, battling with sin.. But I should never forget that I have a God, up there, who loves me(us) so, and I know He would never forsake me(us) because of His great love for me(His people). And because He'd never given up on me(us) (John 3:16), for He believes in me(us), neither will I.




~

Will be leading worship with Lydia (probably) with Aaron as the guitarist before morning devotion and the session.. Then again, part of worship team rostered to lead worship that same friday afternoon for the mission trip meeting ._. Thank God for Deborah and Henry to help!! :D :D And I feel so so bad for asking Nick to play again(playing for tmr's worship in the morning) -_- initially, Aaron was supposed to play in the afternoon too, but he said he'd have something on then, so wouldn't be present in the afternoon for the mission trip meeting.. haishh... ah well. The next day - Saturday - I'm rostered to play keys! Whoa. Lots of stuff packed up towards the end of the weekdays and beginning of the weekends, but I shall fear not for the Lord is with me and He shall be my source of strength and motivation to bring me through! :D :D

Comments