Open your eyes

Hear the ringing of the bells
See the snow flakes falling from the sky
Soft snow piling up on sand and seashells
Clouds floating lazily across the sky

The sea reaching the ends of the earth
Beyond horizons I realise
And remember the times I felt this much self-worth
Do you realize? Can you tell?
All your fears dispels?

I came this far
Had far too many scars
That brought me to who I am today
Nothing much surprises me in any way

But I think about it
Even when I get tired of thinking so
I slow down, but I don't quit
No matter how big the blow

Scars that make me stronger for life
Make me estranged from strife
Like I said, not much surprises anymore for me
To experience, touch, feel and see

My fears will slowly fade away
For what He's done for me
Guiding me through this narrow path
I no longer need to worry

Sometimes I tell myself every now and then
To open my eyes and see the world again
See that reality isn't so bad after all
When I give Him my time, my all.

Comments