We're not that different

We're not that different

I guess some things are meant to be broken
You see, this isn't quite the perfect environment
They give you a series of rules,
And if you don't follow,
You're not good enough,
You're way too slow
But what they don't know
What we all do, is the same old,
Routine that they do
'S just that we don't follow
The same rules that they do
But every step we take is greater than the last,
Keep counting, Clock's ticking,
We're better than who we were in the past

It seems like
Everybody's missing the point we're tryin' to say here
You're no better than the old man, sitting beside a trash can
Don't you know, we're of the same kind
Different faces, but we're not blind
To see we're not that different

We're not that different
We're not that different

~~

"When we start to classify/define things, more often than not, we compromise its greatness. And we fail to truly understand it at all."

- V.

~~

This is gonna sound awkward, but I wrote that on a whim. I figured it'd be cool to write whatever's on my mind. Yeah, it sounds quite awkward.. It's a rap (thinking EDM style) type of song. I was thinking about inequality (that's quite obvious I guess), since I'm an arts person and I'm asian. In my country, the arts scene is not very recognized, though I would say they're trying to bring up the local arts scene, the market is way too small (singapore is a small country) and what makes up most of our country - to sustain it - are business people. Business. Who cares about the arts when you can get fast cash? Thing is, can you survive without entertainment? Without the television, without any invention stemmed from creativity? I doubt so... Even the iPhone was stemmed from creativity. Business was involved, yes, of course business is everywhere. But still, it was stemmed from creativity. Why are we music people near the cliff? Shouldn't we all, then, be on safe ground? Surrounded by land... etc... Then again, there's bound to be some people living near the edge. My group of people happen to be one of the people who live near the edge.. Of course, unless you're super super talented... I would say otherwise.

I wrote that quote as well because I felt it was awesome to put it up there lol. I truly feel that way that's why I decided to put it up here, really..... Since, I do know random people read my blog. I hope they'd chance upon this post and read that line at least.

I'm still currently really busy with my huge project... But all is good I guess. I can feel my skills being put to the test every single week. While it is draining, I'm glad to finally taste the fruits of my labour! I'm thoroughly enjoying it too! I hope this last semester will be a blast and after I graduate, I want to do so much more... Not sure of what yet, but more. For now, I'll be focusing on my studies. Hmm.

In the meantime, I found the drama, Mischievous Kiss: Love in Tokyo! ("Itazura na Kiss" is the name of the anime. The drama was filmed based on the anime). I realised there are two such dramas, so don't click on the wrong one! I only watched one of the dramas though. Apparently, that one had a follow up and it's currently showing the SECOND SEASON of that drama. Awesome!!! *squeals* Irie Naoki is soooo cool and perfect. And Kotoko is so lousy but cute and they are such an awesome couple!! KYAAAA~~

Do watch this drama if you can!



Second season is currently being filmed as I'm typing here. AHHHHH!!! CAN'T WAIT!!!

Comments