STRESS!!

STRESS!!

I think my last semester is pretty much very life-changing for me - even during the two months before my last sem started..

Anyways, I think I'm so, so engrossed with work that my friends are thinking I'm crazy, but what can I say? I love music. I love writing songs. I love arranging - even though I'm not that good at it.. that's all I've got now. (Sigh, on a side note, I think I'm so engrossed I even neglect my diet. I've put on weight ever since I'd been so obsessed working on my projects. Is that a good thing? To me.. I guess so. Yes and No. More.. Yes? Haha.. oh dear.)

I've always had this unsettling feeling inside of me when people - including my parents - ask me what I'd be doing in the future and I'd hesitate because I know I'm nowhere near industrial standards and even if I am, I'm a nobody now because I lack exposure.. I'm afraid people would judge me at the back of their heads and think I'm not gonna go anywhere because that's the traditional thinking for asians. I hate it. I wish I was born in America for this. I'd be more confident and not afraid to express how I feel. I'd be more adventurous... Instead of being caged up and "psychoed" into being a slave to kiasu education systems here in my country.

Maybe I feel afraid or agitated because I know. I know that deep down, just like the issue of gender inequality; feminism, nobody in my country is bothering to see the Arts on par with Business and Economy. Sure they're advertising the local arts now. That's not enough. How long will it take for the mindsets of the people here to change? In reality, they just want fast cash. They want security in fast cash.

Hey, I'd also want that thank you very much. Dear government, in case you didn't know, not everyone is born to do business, accounting and whatnot. Without the arts, all you people will be living robots. Be grateful to us. If people still refuse to change their mindset and be petty about that, hey, since we're not that important to you anyway, I dare you to live without ANY FORM OF ENTERTAINMENT FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE. I'll see how you live.

Comments