Thank you, Uncle! / Silly me

Thank you, Uncle!

I've been filled with so much joy recently as I've been writing posts like these. All glory to God, Amen?

Last Sunday, as I was on my way to church, walking from Queenstown mrt, walked to the lift, waited for the lift to arrive… I got in, and I was the last to walk out. Right before I walked out, this old man stood right in between the lift and the outside ground (pardon my english), and I was shocked. He turned his head to the side a little to check if I was walking out before he started walking ahead.

WHAT?!?!??

Someone PLEASE tell me I'm not the only one who got touched by that action of love!

I was reminded of how because of sin, the path between God and us was cut off.. gone.. Until Jesus came in to fill the gap and created a new path for us to be reunited with God! He sacrificed himself. This life uncle was so old, so frail, and he could have very well just pressed the 'door open' button, but no, he put his entire body in between both lift doors and made sure I walked out before he did. T.T Wonderful.. Beautiful.. In the same way, God could've made life easier and just said, YAY everyone who believes in me shall have salvation now yayy. Er. Or something like that, I'm not sure. BUT, He chose the path that Jesus had to go through much suffering for us, to show us how much He really, really loves and cares for us.

This reminds me of something I've always wanted to share.. Not sure if I'd mentioned this in my blog or not, but… Here it goes.

These days, I think we've all been misusing and underestimating the meaning of words.. Synonyms may mean words with similar meaning, but that would also imply that there is a difference in both words in comparison. They are, after all, only similar. I think God is so amazing. Every word in the bible is like this essence of life itself! When we truly sit down and study scripture, we find out that OH, God didn't mean for us to literally HATE our mother and father… but back then, it meant like a 'volume down' button. Because in that context, God meant for us to put Him first. That includes us being behind Him. In other words, we commit our lives to Him. Now this leads me to another thing.

Submission/Obedience to God is NOT a silly thing to do. When we fear and revere Him, when we love God, submission/obedience to God comes naturally (may kick off a rough start for some). We would want to do something back in return, not out of obligation, but out of love. When we submit and obey Him, we can trust and know that, because He is the Creator of all things, therefore, He knows all things very well and none of us can rise up to His level. So God knows what He's doing, so don't worry, trust in Him! He never ever made a mistake.

Now. now we know that God is the Creator of all things, and we KNOW we can trust Him.. How many of us actually do so? Or rather, how many of us actually MAKE an effort to do so?

Haha yeah.. suddenly felt like saying that. Alright! Time to end this post because I need to go off now… And I've spent too much time on blogger :p

I'll be heading to Bali on Monday.. err. tomorrow. 9-28 June 2014, for school learning purposes. I'm gonna be missing my kids :( And ben. And my family, my sis who just came home on Thursday morning after not seeing her for 6 months… And my friends..

Well, that would mean that I may not be blogging… Well, it would depend on whether I have the time :p Might be so busy enjoying God's beautiful creations that I'd be lazy to blog! Haha~~ Ah well, just look forward to the next one, yeah?

Goodnight everyone! God loves you! Jesus loves you too! The Holy Spirit loves you three! No matter what! :D :D

Comments