Silly me

Silly me

I know it's really dumb to blog right now, at 2am when I'll probably have to get up at 8am later and will be out of the house till 8pm at night… I still wanna say it before I forget! :D

So this is a story about silly me being silly.

All these years, looking around me, I've seen many who have no hope in their lives. No love. No faith. As I grew up as a christian, maturing spiritually, my heart for God's people, those who've yet to come to know Christ and accept him, grew. It mattered to me so much that even when I was about 9 years old, I felt compelled to bring someone I knew who was a non-christian to Christ. She was a muslim. She was my maid. The very first person whom I wished to know Christ… somehow, through asking her how long she could hold her breath underwater and then later telling her to practice holding her breath for a minute. Laugh now.

Of course, I grew up and I understood that being a Christian isn't just holding your breath underwater. It isn't just salvation nor is it about whether you live for eternity or not. It's about your relationship with God. Man cannot live without faith, hope and love. And how do we get that? God. God is the greatest gift anyone can give to anyone.

And so… As I was saying, I was growing - so don't judge me - and I kinda forced my friends around me.. I think I sounded as if I was randomly quoting bible verses and I sounded demanding, unloving… It made me think, right now, after growing up… How much I've changed over the last couple of years. I think back then as I was typing those words to my friends, I was so focused on changing them, I overlooked the reason of changing them in the first place. I got mad at them whenever they didn't change within a certain period of time… I got very impatient with them, I was just like… Hey, you should be doing this… Yes, do that, NO don't do that! Yes, NOOOOOO!!

Yeah. Pretty much it. All these years. These friends whom I've "preached" to… They never got to really know Christ. And I felt so much regret for saying all the things I said in that manner. Some of them weren't wrong, but it came out wrong.

Guess what? I have a childhood friend whom I've known since I was 3 years old (as long as I could remember) who used to be buddhist (her whole family was), but she preferred to think of herself as a free-thinker. She came to recently came to Christ!! And now she attends Trinity Methodist Church. Okay, so now God is just playing weird games with my mind, right? ._. I mean, all these years, I've tried to "convert" my friends and yet, nothing really happens. But my dear childhood friend, whom I've somehow never considered to "convert" became a christian recently. Confusing right? right??

But it's humbles me. That's cos God was making it clear for me that.. I may quote verses, I may speak the truth to those who've yet to be saved, but they will never digest it unless the Holy Spirit works THROUGH me. or someone else. Another learning point I got out from this was that.. I was so silly, trying to give someone faith, hope and love (God) when… I'm not showing it through my speech to them at all. I'm such a big hypocrite guys. :(

Anyways, I'm really, really glad for her! And I pray that God may continue to work in her life that she may grow spiritually, closer to God and rise up to be a bold christian, proud of her faith, proud of her relationship with God! Amen! And yeah.. for myself.. I pray that… ehh…. haha :p that I may submit more of myself to God that He may continue to mold my heart to be who He created me to be. I also pray that He may break down the walls I've built between Him and myself, and others and myself. I wanna be filled with so much joy that can only come from Him and be proud to know that I have God as my God, Lord, Father and friend. Amen!

Comments