Life Update V

Life Update V

It's been a few weeks since I told my parents about my future plans and my condition. I think they're taking it pretty well. They've been very understanding, being more patient with me. I guess prior to telling them these things, they must've been acting out of a lot of confusion. Maybe my disclosure helped them piece some things together. It made me wonder about whether it was still worth it to disclose this information to her.

These past few months have been difficult, yet liberating. I struggled letting go of a certain expectation of someone. I struggled letting go many expectations of myself and others. I've been slowly coming to acceptance of a new me in this new world. I also came to learn a lot about what I need not be; who I can choose to be. I guess that's where the liberating part comes in.

School was over in December, grades came out at the end of the year, I missed graduating with second upper honours by 0.02, let out a big sigh, swallowed reality, and moved on. And yea, even tho I say this, the exam and performance nightmares continue.

That being said, many exciting things to look forward to in 2020... A new job, the wedding, new family life, new house, many friends transitioning here and there... I'm looking to get a job as a pet groomer, but going to start off as a part-time pet groomer to gain some experience first. Yea, it's nothing to do with what I studied. I'm a millennial figuring out life. Hate me.

The wedding prep has been going great so far, but I probably need more motivation to continue... Le Fiancé has been in California for a week now and I really, really miss him. Another week to go and maybe... just maybe I'd have more motivation to do things again.

Mochi has been settling in the house pretty well. Eating well, pooping well, even his fur has been growing out well (very soft hehe). I found out recently that he gets really jealous easily; anything that I pay attention to - other than himself - I'd find him either plopping in front of me, nibbling me, or chomping on me (especially in front of my friends) to get my attention. Oh, also, he bites me the moment he hears a meow (even if it's HIS) coming from my laptop/phone. Ded. Well, although he bites a lot, I can't get mad at him haha. He snuggles up to me like a lil' baby. Yea, he gives me joy. :)

I've been listening to God's Word lately too. It's about time, huh? There's something about His Word that's always like a warm light inside me, and yet, gives me this spurt of energy (even tho I seldom appear that "hyper"). It's the same in the past and even up till today. I can't explain it.

Anyway, quick question, what kind of a person am I, really?

Comments