A little blessing

A little blessing

.. or should I say, a blessing in disguise?

The story began last week as I'd gotten sick. No, it began earlier than just last week. My flu was pretty ok right up till earlier last week where it got worse and - I think - I even had a throat infection whereby the phlegm that I coughed out was green. It kinda made sense since for about 3 days - day and night - my voice was hoarse and was just really, really low and horrible - forget about practicing my warm-ups for my upcoming vocal lesson…

It was just last Monday that I received a text from bellabox. It mentioned something about a delivery on wednesday morning. I was a little puzzled as I didn't actually order anything from bellabox. I DID buy a box from there once, that was last month… (hold it there) I had no idea, so I thought maybe it was some sort of free gift. Moving on for now…

My mom usually would ask me for my meal plans for the following day. Just on Tuesday night, she came into my room and I told her I just needed breakfast and porridge would be best for my poor throat. Hence, the next morning, she cooked some porridge for my breakfast. However, just when I woke up, my grandparents opened the door and I got quite a shock to see that my grandma bought me congee! :O She usually brings food, yes I know, but she usually brings stuff like soon kueh or carrot cake… Stuff that are pretty oily and I must admit, am reluctant to eat at times (in the morning!)… So I was really surprised when she bought me congee! It was as if God was taking care of me. I ate my grandmother's congee for breakfast and brought the porridge my mom made along with me to school to have it for lunch :)

So here's another shocking thing that happened. Before my grandparents came, the delivery person (from bellabox) came knocking on my door to pass me a parcel. Puzzled, I opened it up. Now, if any of  you know about bellabox, you'd know it's just a box consisting of small samples of the latest cosmetics. Guess what was the first thing I saw? Vitamin C.

For one, when I googled about this, apparently…

1) I found out this was a monthly thing.
2) The Vitamin C was just a bonus of the package.
3) Because it's a monthly thing, I got suspicious…

(Well, me being a dumbo, didn't read the terms and conditions before purchasing that box last month, didn't realize I'd actually automatically paid for this month's one as well. So I quickly cancelled it after I found out that there's obviously no such thing as having free sample delivered to your doorstep.. lol.)

Anyway, if some of you guys know me well enough, I procrastinate in eating my Vitamin Cs.. I never really liked em.. haha! So… Right on the day where my flu got worse, I felt God was taking care of me, looking after my meals, and now, insisting I take my vitamin Cs.. ahhaha ;D I was filled with so much joy because it's in these simple things that happen that God is present. God is there, and for all you know, He arranged all of this to happen. Yeah… to prove to me I'm so silly and should've been eating my Vit Cs since I have a weak immune system x'D okay okay, You win, God, You win…

I'm looking forward to growing further in my faith. Lately, I've been thinking about the gift of tongues. I do know that it is the manifestation of the Holy Spirit and I grew up thinking it was okay to not be able to speak in tongues. It doesn't mean if you don't, you wouldn't have salvation. Then now that I think about it again, though this may be true, it may not necessarily mean that I can just do without it and heck care about ever praying for it! Why?? No, not because to show it off to people… These gifts (not just speaking in tongues) are given to benefit the community, to give glory to God, not to benefit and get the glory. It's not me, it's God. And as I grew in my faith the past few months, I began to see why people pray for the gift of tongues. And now I want it too. Not for my sake, but His. Not for my glorification, but His.

Comments