Faith, Love & Patience.

Faith, Love & Patience.

Today my serve group and I had a mini surprise for one of our members in the group who's leaving for further studies in Australia till November or so. We decided to hold it at Botanic Gardens where there is beautiful scenery and atmosphere, a perfect place to surprise her with her favourite song, "All About Us". It has a pretty catchy and nice tune to and I got the song drilled in my head after listening to it for a few times :p

Now, when we reached Botanic Gardens, there we saw TONS AND TONS OF MILLIPEDES/CENTIPEDES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! eek ._. Actually mostly centipedes. many squashed ones too. bleh .... feel sorry for them :\ Well, aside from that, we noticed the dark clouds approaching and we knew it wasnt a good sign. Brandon (one of my group members) lead us all in prayer for the weather. It did rain, a very heavy one too. I began to worry.. if it continues to rain.. then our surprise would be ruined... but nonetheless, I kept God in mind and remembered the incident when there was a storm and the disciples called out to Jesus for help. I should keep waiting. And so I chose to sing songs with the others as well as to rehearse the song that we'd be singing for our special guest, jue rui, later. Not long, we became source of entertainment under that shelter with some little girl dancing with her mom (from china, but PR I think). It was actually pretty nice seeing them enjoy :p :p

But during this period of time, I felt I was being especially.. particularly... different from these few days.. I suddenly felt the urge to reflect upon everything I've done and think about it. I thought about how I worried for the rain not stopping (it lightened up btw, to a drizzle, so yay!(:), and thought about how I've always be worrying lately and know only on that day I worried a lot, but not exactly aware that I've been like so for weeks. intensive worrying. kills. literally.

I began to realise I had no time for that. As I began to do more stuff, reflect about the things done, I felt pretty tired at the end of the day, but felt I'd really really used my day to the fullest, like even though I didn't go do charity work the entire day, I still felt it was a fruitful one for I felt the Holy Spirit guiding me as I reflect and reflect about the things I've done today. I suddenly even thought of the songs I sing (not compose), and thought of its lyrics and thought about myself, as to whether I really meant it, in a way whether am I living out what I said? Otherwise, would it not be bearing false testimony? Proclaiming what we are and what we do or will do, proclaiming who God is and who we are to BE, if we are not carrying out what is sung.. that truth in us, the truth; God's word.. are we not bearing false testimony?

Saying and doing = faith
Saying and not doing = NATO or NATA (i forgot)
Saying and doing the opposite = bearing false testimony

The theme on love struck me the most lately.

no, I'm not talking about eros love. Or rather, not only that, but also.. other forms of love. The generic term, just love. Love isn't about receiving, it's all about giving. Sometimes love is doing what is right, what is best for the person to show your care and concern for that person. Sometimes love is not doing something for that person, to protect that person. Love is kind, patient... etcetc(as stated in the bible for this statement.)

So I asked myself -frequently- every day (e.g. one hour pass, ask, two hours pass, ask, etc) these two questions,

Am I acting in love?

Is it love?

~

In the evening, I met Ben to have dinner and movie together. We didn't know where to eat, but we were sure that we were gonna watch a movie called, "This Means War". HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! :p :p Well, though at the start for me it was a little bit awkward, I realise I adapted quickly and got used to it.. don't get what I'm saying?

I guess.. when you see someone down, let's say someone you really care about.. Sometimes if you get lost, or feel awkward, don't be... because sometimes you just have to be with him/her, be positive & be encouraging, no matter their negative reaction, negative words. It really brightens up their day. (:

Comments