Long post

Long post..

I guess it's really been ages since I'd last blogged huh :p

Well I'll make it up to you by posting a really long one today. First up: my trip to Cambodia!

I thought it was pretty surprising when I first stepped out of the airport in phnom penh cos the weather was pretty cold! Like.. 22-23 dc? (Well that's what the board thingy said).. We stayed there for a day before heading to Takeo to start on our mission!(: Made many friends from the people in Phnom Penh (CCOP aka the church there) and really, they're so nice. Look at singapore? sigh...

We started with hairwashing! then..

headed to the first village on the second/third day - a bumpy ride indeed =.= But I guess it was all worth it when we got to see the people there. They performed for us and it was heartwarming to see them sing and dance their hearts out for us.(: We did the puppet show and then there were some teachings/skits by CCK (the church we're working with) and sermon while we gather the children elsewhere to distribute some food, etc after teaching them some A&C(: Heard it's the first time people have gone there to give them stuff and share about the gospel. Many hearts were touched and so were mine when an old lady came to me and hugged me and kept thanking me. It was really encouraging to see that our efforts paid off(:

After the first village, we visited the second one, probably further away from the church in Takeo. Gah.... bumpy ride again =.= I remember Oum found a snake near the river.. I think it was Oum.. I can't recall much :p After all, it's been some time after the trip already hehee :p We did the same thing for the second village, as well as the third.. except that for the third, it was pretty short.. I think there was no sermon ... only teachings... I think..... I THINK.

Well, as we were about to leave, some villagers invited us to try some of their local food! Yumm.... sweet sweet .... um.. I forgot what's the name of the dish :x But it looks like laksa, except that it's not hot, and it's sweet :D We also tried some red banana "wrapped" with glutinous rice around it. Whoa.. super filling.. O-O I also remembered [sarcastic tone] being called "mother" and my mom, "daughter". or being referred to one of age as SOMEONE thought my mom was my sister...... Credits go to Jimmy Mk.

Well, I can't remember what really happened for the rest of the days, but I remembered the performance we put up at the church(: It was the time I played my ku chehhhhng (guzheng) hhahahhaa :D I was really happy and honoured to be playing for them. I was doing the what God wanted me to do after all.. And to me, it felt like all the 10 years of learning guzheng finally paid off in those few minutes. :D :D :D The dance by CCK was pretty fun and so people from CCOP were trying to learn the dance at night :p

Hmms.. After the performance on that day, before it turned dark, we took a walk outside the church and pass some padi fields.. the azure sky was so beautiful.. It was way better than the ones I see in postcards.. It's like super HD and the sunset was so beautiful.. oh wait, now I'm spoilt by a thought that I fell off a bicycle -.- eh-hem.. well, on the way there, Fee Nee (from CCK (sg)) decided to ride a bicycle there and I sat behind.. but along the way, the sand got way too soft, increasing the level of difficulty to paddle. Then.. we lost balance cos I kept screaming because it was shaky and then we fell -.- haha apparently Jimmy was behind then he held on to my left elbow as if I'm some handicap person till we reached the padi fields, then he rode ah ghui to some hill o.o hehe and naughty Nigel was busy chasing the ducks into the nearby river :p and they go quaaaAAAAAAACCCKKKKKKKKQUACK QUACK QUACK.... Hehe for the first time I saw so many ducks, so united.. so.. so... so CUTE!!!! :3

Anyways, on the last day, we all went shopping~ hehe russia market sell super cheap stuff. next time must go there again and buy more clothes :p :p btw, it's cheap AND has good quality. Okay, maybe not very very good, but still, the cloth is super soft!! T-T hehehehehheee yeah..... shopping while on a mission trip..... all part of the package! :p :p

Well, I wouldn't say I've learnt blah blah blah because I think there's really a lot of things that God spoke to me during the trip and it's really amazing, these new feelings He'd placed within me, it's.. undescribable.. (:

Camp's up next! Being a faci in a camp for the first time was pretty huge stress.. But I guess I was fine :D It was really encouraging to see that they're so cooperative, fun and open.(: Really makes things easier for us facis. :D Haha well, if there's a standard answer to what I've learnt, it's to be able to manage awkward silences.

I didn't get to participate in some games for my digestion system was failing me, apparently.. talking about that.. I don't know why my tummy hurts again =.= or is it my intestines..... argh. Have yet to see a doc about it. I hope it's nothing major ): But never in my life did I experience this for so long.. it's like.. been a week plus! :s

Well, I better end this post soon... so sorry it's not as long as what I wanted to type.. but I think I really need to go to the toilet again... soon =.= =.= =.=

okay.. now. hmm.. more updates in the next post! ohoh and a vid on virtual choir! :D :D

Comments